Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Finally some Snow


We just had one of the sickest weekends here on the east coast due to two winter storm systems colliding and dumping plenty of snow with some areas over two feet. This entire weekend I was up at Whiteface mountain Lake Placid, New York in which had incredible conditions with over a foot on Friday and about another five inches the next day. It was my first time skiing Whiteface where the 1980 Olympics were held, the mountain was tall and steep which kind of reminded me of Cannon Mountain but on a larger scale. The fresh powder made Friday’s skiing insane even though they weren’t able to open the summit chair lift.  One of the cool things about this mountain is that it’s in the Adirondack state park area which means when you look out off the top of the mountain all you’ll see is just untouched natural mountains surrounding you.

After my three night stay in Lake Placid it was time to hit even more fresh snow on Cannon Mountain. Today’s conditions were fast and hard with softer conditions throughout the morning. The front five were prime in the morning in which I was able to ski multiple times but I was disappointed to see that the right side of the mountain was still unopened (Mittersill and hardscrabble).

Tomorrow is another day of skiing for me in which I’ve been lucky to go four times in the past six days with these great conditions. Waterville Valley will be in my next stop and I’ll have a recap of that day and some pictures coming soon. 

(Whiteface)

No comments:

Post a Comment